Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ms. Moore returns. Well, as cliche as it is, two roads diverged once again, with me having to decide which one to walk upon. After visiting friends at a Christian school near my Starbucks, I found myself in a whirlwind of interviews and decisions. To make a long story short, I was offered an indefinite interim teaching position. The teaching position would provide more than enough money to embark on my adventure, while leaving my departure date contingent on finding a permanent teacher. On the other hand, I could set myself a date, continuing to try save and raise the rest of the money in the meantime.

I had 48 hours to make this decision and in the end I took the job- I will start teaching my 6th-11th grade SCIENCE classes on January 3rd. Among many other factors, it was that while I could somehow find the money and then possibly attribute it to myself, while finding a teacher to replace me will have to be completely up to the Lord.

This leaves me in need of your prayers more than ever, and financial support is still important as well, since Viata can always use more funding, and I could lose this job just as quickly as I got it. Please pray for energy, ingenuity, focus and perfect timing.

No comments: