Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Italia!!!
I had the opportunity to travel to Rome, Florence and Venice this past week with students Ryan, Andrew and Ryan’s sister Lindsey. Italy was such an unbelievably beautiful place, it was hard to take in. The history major in me loved Rome, but it was almost too much to comprehend. My favorite part of Rome was Trevi fountain, the peaceful roar of water was a pleasant reprieve from this crazy city. Florence was my favorite of the three, and at times made me wonder why I came to the depressed Jiu Valley. I just loved the relaxed, complex feel of the city and its bridges and back alleys with acoustic street musicians. Venice was of course beautiful, and I loved it but it only emphasized my realization that traveling to all of these glamorous places is not actually glamorous when you do it. I have learned through my different journeys that travel does not excite me as much as the thought of it does, and no matter where I am, I am still just Davia. This is a good thing to realize.


ps pictures are posted here: http://picasaweb.google.com/daviarae

No comments: