Friday, August 24, 2007

There are some days here that seem right out of a dream, where I feel like I should be in some “your Adventurous Life” brochure or something. This week, the Viata leaders went on a mini retreat. This included a fun day together. We shared some of our favorite memories from the summer, and then we explored the gorge behind the cottage we stayed in. It was outstanding- a river winding through ragged and lush cliffs with wildflowers jutting out amongst the craggy rocks and under the limestone arches. We did a little swimming in holes made by the river. And laughed a whole lot- I have found fun friends here.

The most memorable picture, however, will be the vision of us all playing soccer in the early evening mist on a bumpy field in between haystacks as the monks from a nearby monastery lead their donkeys home for the night. So quaint and fun and utterly indelible. These are the moments that I am so glad I came here.

No comments: