Monday, September 18, 2006

I created this online journal for two purposes. While I am still at home in the states, I can let people know where I am in the process of fundraising and getting paperwork in order to make the move to Romania. I have wanted to volunteeer in Romania in since God laid the country and its children on my heart through a video we watched at youth group. I discovered my passion for outdoor education and its ministry potential while I was at Gordon College, and became more involved with La Vida, Gordon's outdoor education center. How excited was I when I discovered Viata: a program begun by Gordon alumni, Dana and Brandi Bates!? I am now hoping to move to Lupeni Romania in January to work with Dana and Brandi at the New Horizons Foundation. Please visit their website (especially about us and the Viata links) because it explains what I will be doing and why. Romanian culture and economy has been left devastated by the fallout from the Communist regime. New Horizons uses outdoor education to minister to Romanian youth and instill in them values that can rebuild Romanian culture. Once I arrive in Romania, I will use this journal to let you all know how and what I am doing and how God is working in and through me in Romania. Please pray for me as I prepare my heart, mind and paperwork to begin this new adventure.

No comments: